There is always so much talk surrounding Apple and its amazing line-up of products that are breaking record sales everywhere you look. But Apple’s direct competitor has put up some numbers that I am sure even Tim Cook had to stop and look at. 44.5 million smartphones sold, a total of 93.5 million phones sold in total, netting somewhere in the ball park of $4.46 Billion in profit all in the first quarter. That is impressive shit. And they weren’t done there because Samsung finally debunked the company that has sold the most phones world-wide for the last 14 years, Nokia. Yes people. Apple’s numbers are impressive but they are still considered the new kid on the block when compared to manufacturers that has been around for years. No doubt Apple is well on there way to hitting those numbers in the next 5 years though. But in any event, congratulations Samsung. Now if only your success can follow you to court, you will be just fine.
- Samsung Passes Nokia as Handset Leader, Its Earnings Rocket (247wallst.com)
- Summary Box: Smartphones fuel Samsung profit (sfgate.com)
- Samsung regains global smartphone sales top spot, overtaking Apple (thenextweb.com)
- Did Samsung sell more smartphones than Apple? (tech.fortune.cnn.com)
- Apple may have held off Samsung for top smartphone spot (electronista.com)