“I never made a damn dime until I started doing what I wanted.”- Carroll Shelby
Shelby Mustangs and Cobras are known and feared through out the auto-world. They are the hyper cars that made a lot of noise and had the 1-2-3 pole positions in the 1966 Le Mans. They were the face of the muscle car era. The car that competed with the Ferrari’s and Porsche‘s and made it on the walls of so many teenagers. Cobra‘s are legendary and their maker even more so. Thank you Mr. Carroll for leaving behind a car that packs so much more than a V8.
Here is a great video of the signature Shelby GT500.
- Ailing Carroll Shelby addresses health on Facebook (autoblog.com)
- My ride on Shelby’s new 1,000 horsepower Ford Mustang (features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com)
- Shelby rolls out a 950-horsepower Mustang (bottomline.msnbc.msn.com)
- Ford Shelby 1000 (autoandracingnews.wordpress.com)
- 2012 Shelby 1000 – The Most Powerful Shelby Mustang Yet (freshnessmag.com)