We all know that there is a financial crisis going on that has reached and affected…well the global market by now. From the US to everything in between that doesn’t really matter, many companies have felt the heat or burned all together. So how the hell has BMW managed to have the best year of making and selling cars in its history? BMW claims that even though they saw profits fall in the final quarter of 2011, they still had a 51% rise in profits for the entire year of 2011. That is by far their best ever, selling 1.67 million cars and generating €4.9 billion in sales. Should I remind you there is a SNAFU going on. So what does this all mean? Well for starters, BMW’s claim that they make the Ultimate Driving Machine may actually have some truth behind it because lets face it everyone, numbers don’t lie. The second thing this means is there are more asshole BMW drivers parking in the handicap spots than ever before. But the third and most important fact that we can draw away from this is how exciting the car world will get now that BMW’s success will fuel(ha get what I did there) other car companies to produce insanely cool new cars as they attempt to close the gap that the boys in Frankfurt have opened. So thank you BMW for ensuring that the next few years of automobile making will be fucking awesome.
- A Carbon Fiber Ultimate Driving Machine (thislmm.wordpress.com)
- BMW Posts Record Profit for 2011 (newsy.com)
- Beyern Wheels Introduces New High Performance Rotary Forged BMW Wheel (prweb.com)
- Report: BMW reports record profit margin, but Audi’s is better (autoblog.com)
- BMWs scoop awards with What Car? magazine (thisnews.co.uk)