So the New Orleans Saints may be in trouble. But for what? Wanting to win? If you don’t know, the New Orleans Saints defense had this pool going called “pay for performance”. Basically, if you laid some one out on the offense you got money for how much that person was worth. Kurt Warner and Brett Favre both went for $1500 a pop. Literally. The end result of this unsanctioned pool? A fucking Super Bowl win and game film of some hard hits that found there way up on the ‘Sportcenter’ top 10 list. So what should happen now that this has been outed? I think it should get organized. Let’s take this to the Vegas betting table people. Think about it. There are guys who play the game that are just plain fucking scary. Ray Lewis for example. He is well capable of getting that $1500. So why should the Raven’s Defense be the only one’s to bet? And what about the ‘Sportscenter‘ top 10 list? All guys ever think about is making that famous ‘Da Da Da…Da Da Da’ highlight so they can watch themselves later and have bragging rights. Isn’t that the same concept? Honestly, I think Roger Goodell is just uptight about this because he didn’t get a piece of the action. Well Mr. Goodell, so am I…so am I.
- New Orleans Saints’ Defense Had a Bounty Program Under Gregg Williams (thebiglead.com)
- Former New Orleans Saints DC Gregg Williams Ran Bounty Program (rantsports.com)
- NFL: Saints violated ‘Bounty Rule’ (newsok.com)
- NFL says New Orleans Saints violated ‘Bounty Rule’ (mercurynews.com)
- NFL says Saints had bounty program to hurt opponents (tsn.ca)